Marcus Edwardes invited me to his podcast to speak about how I help people who have decided to make a career switch.
Listen in as I explain why many of even the most successful professionals feel hollow or unsatisfied with their careers, why self-awareness is the first step to solving that problem, how to overcome limiting beliefs in our ability to succeed in any given venture, and what it really takes to have a career in the space you’re passionate about.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
● [02:40] Amy discusses her mission and the services she offers
● [04:55] Why some successful professionals continue to feel “hollow”
● [07:01] The importance of self-awareness for career satisfaction
● [07:37] The power of reframing how you see your work
● [12:03] Typical reasons why people feel “off” on their current career path
● [15:57] What are limiting beliefs and how can we mitigate them?
● [20:53] How slaying limiting beliefs can help with handling rejection in the recruitment industry
● [22:55] How Amy guides her clients based on their expectations
● [29:09] Is it possible for everybody to be doing the thing they love?
● [32:28] The questions we should be asking ourselves if we’re considering a big change in our lives
● “I firmly believe that we are called, as human beings, to live very abundant lives. That abundance can take on many different forms; but, for most people, they really want to experience that abundance, that joy, and that passion in their career.”
● “We make decisions when we’re 18 about how we’re going to spend the rest of our lives with a very limited point-of-view of what that could look like. You’re deciding that before you’ve had experiences of even living away from your family.”
● “Limiting beliefs are the stories we tell ourselves that we don’t need anymore.”
● “People can be very extreme until they’re listened to.”